Local Business Tax
What is a local business tax and to whom does it apply?
Businesses or persons conducting a business and/or providing a service within the City of Madeira Beach must have a Local Business Tax (formerly an Occupational License). Persons located outside the City of Madeira Beach but conducting a business and/or providing a service must register with the Building Department. The different types of services/products offered determine the fee. The application review usually takes 2-3 working days, but may vary depending on the inspection schedule.
The City also permits a business to be run out of your home in a residential zone with limitations to protect the residential neighborhood. The home-based business must be clearly incidental to the residential use of your property. It must not subject your neighbors to negative impact, such as traffic. You must get a local business tax before the start of a business or the practice of a profession.
What do you need for you local business tax?
You will need to know the following information for you local business tax receipt:
- The address of the property or business
- Whether the business intended has the proper zoning
- Whether the use of the business will change
- Whether the new or remodeled business will comply with the American Disabilities Act (ADA)
The City will grant your local business tax receipt when you have completed the following:
- Submission of all the necessary documentation
- Payment of all fees
- All government agencies’ inspections have been completed and approved
- The City has approved your application
You may apply for a local business tax at the City of Madeira Beach between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at:
Madeira Beach City Hall
300 Municipal Drive
Madeira Beach, Florida 33708
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the City Clerk, Aimee Servedio at (727) 391-9951 x 231 or by email at .