Pinellas County Canvassing Board to Meet and
Possibly Conduct Recounts
The Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections announces that the Pinellas County Canvassing Board will meet
at 10:00 a.m., Friday, March 18 at the Election Service Center, 13001 Starkey Rd. in Largo.
The Board’s meeting agenda includes the following:
- Certify unofficial election results for the March 15, 2022 Municipal Elections
- Conduct a machine recount and a manual recount if required by Florida Statutes 102.141 and 102.166 for the contests of:
- City of Madeira Beach Commissioner – District 2
- City of Tarpon Springs Commissioner – Seat 3
- If no manual recount is ordered, a post-election manual audit will occur as required by Florida Statute 101.591
Notice is hereby given that, if ordered, the machine and manual recounts will be conducted in accordance with Florida Statutes 102.141(7) and 102.166 and Florida Administrative Rule 1S-2.031.
State law mandates an automatic machine recount if the margin between candidates or issues in unofficial results is 0.5% or less. An automatic manual recount is required if the machine recount results in a margin of 0.25% or less.
All Canvassing Board meetings are open to the public and will be held at the Election Service Center, 13001 Starkey Rd., Largo in the Starkey Lakes Corporate Center.