Pinellas Update: Pinellas County, local insurance experts to host hurricane insurance claim webinar Monday
Latest incident developments
- Panelists will review tips for properly assessing risk, available insurance policies, responsibilities after a loss, properly documenting storm damage, and managing the claims process.
- The webinar will be on Monday, Sept. 18, at 6 p.m.
- Registration is required to attend the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gTdkerZhTpyCakIq7ebwLg
Advice & Information for Residents
- Register for FEMA assistance online at DisasterAssistance.gov, via the FEMA app or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- Apply for a low-interest loan for your home or business. The U.S. Small Business Administration is now offering low-interest loans starting as low as 2.5 percent for Pinellas homeowners and 4 percent for businesses to make repairs and cover economic losses from Hurricane Idalia. Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/ and should apply under SBA declaration # 18118.