Businesses or persons conducting a business and/or providing a service (including property rental) within the City of Madeira Beach must have a Local Business Tax License. The different types of services/products offered determine the fee. The City may also permit a business to be run out of your home in a residential zone with limitations to protect the residential neighborhood. The home-based business must be clearly incidental to the residential use of your property. It must not subject your neighbors to negative impacts, such as traffic. You must get a local business tax license before the start of a business or the practice of a profession within the city.
If you are considering making changes to a retail or commercial space for your business, as a building permit may be required. Please contact the Building Department regarding permits.
What do you need for a local business tax?
You will need to know the following information for you local business tax receipt:
- The address of the property or business
- Whether the business intended has the proper zoning
- Whether the use of the business will change
- Whether the new or remodeled business will comply with the American Disabilities Act (ADA)
The City will grant your local business tax receipt when you have completed the following:
- Submission of all the necessary documentation
- Payment of all fees
- All government agencies’ inspections have been completed and approved
- The City has approved your application
You may apply for a local business tax by submitting an application through the online portal (above).
If you have any additional questions, please contact Lisa Scheuermann at 727-391-9951 x244.