Public Works FAQ’s

Frequently Asked Questions

**If you see a live wire near a tree or house call 911 immediately**

Duke Energy is responsible for restoring power to a residence. Please visit their website below or give them a call to report an outage.

Duke Energy: 800-228-8485

Take a look at the Sanitation site with a collection map. For more details please reach out to our Public Works Department:727-543-8154

Pinellas County will take paints and chemicals. Please see their site below for more details:

Pinellas County Solid Waste

For information on street or storm-drainage flooding, contact Public Works at 727-543-8154. If one suspects a sewer flood/emergency contact Pinellas County (727) 464-4000.

The Public Works Department maintains all streets except State-maintained Gulf Boulevard and 150th Avenue (Tom Stuart/Welch/Madeira Beach Causeway). To report problems with any City street, contact the Public Works at 727-543-8154. To report any problem on the two State-maintained streets, contact the Department of Transportation at (727) 570-5101.

To report illegal discharges to the storm sewer system (i.e., ditches, drainage inlets, manholes, detention ponds, lakes, etc.) or for information on illegal discharges, contact the Pinellas County hotline at (727) 464-5060 and also Public Works at 727-543-8154.

Duke Energy maintains the power and street lighting for the City of Madeira Beach. Report a power out here. Report a light out here.

The City of Madeira Beach follows water schedule restrictions as set by Pinellas County.

For more details and additional rules, please visit http://www.pinellascounty.org/utilities/water-rules.htm

Close window