FAQ Topic: Public Works FAQ's

Whom do I call if power is out?

**If you see a live wire near a tree or house call 911 immediately** Duke Energy is responsible for restoring power to a residence. Please visit their website below or give them a call to report an outage. Duke Energy: 800-228-8485 https://www.duke-energy.com/Outages

Whom do I contact to report problems about streets?

The Public Works Department maintains all streets except State-maintained Gulf Boulevard and 150th Avenue (Tom Stuart/Welch/Madeira Beach Causeway). To report problems with any City street, contact the Public Works at 727-543-8154. To report any problem on the two State-maintained streets, contact the Department of Transportation at (727) 570-5101.

To whom do I report an illegal discharge in the sewer system?

To report illegal discharges to the storm sewer system (i.e., ditches, drainage inlets, manholes, detention ponds, lakes, etc.) or for information on illegal discharges, contact the Pinellas County hotline at (727) 464-5060 and also Public Works at 727-543-8154.

Close window