*Under disaster conditions and the following recovery operations, access to Madeira Beach will be restricted to persons with identification showing they are a resident or property owner. Emergency access permits are available to Madeira Beach Residents and Business Owners, sign up here.
*Receive alerts about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for Alert Pinellas.
Make a Plan & Build a Kit:
It is important for make a plan and build a kit. Check out the links below to help start making yours today!
- Build a Disaster Kit
- Make a Plan
Maintaining Your Kit:
After assembling your kit remember to maintain it so it’s ready when needed:
- Keep canned food in a cool, dry place.
- Store boxed food in tightly closed plastic or metal containers.
- Replace expired items as needed.
- Re-think your needs every year and update your kit as your family’s needs change.
Kit Storage Locations
Since you do not know where you will be when an emergency occurs, prepare supplies for home, work and cars.
- Home: Keep this kit in a designated place and have it ready in case you have to leave your home quickly. Make sure all family members know where the kit is kept.
- Work: Be prepared to shelter at work for at least 24 hours. Your work kit should include food, water and other necessities like medicines, as well as comfortable walking shoes, stored in a “grab and go” case.
- Car: In case you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car.