Stay safe during the Holidays! Take a look at some steps to make sure you have a great holiday season!
Thanksgiving Safety Tips when using fryer
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed out
- Ice and water that mixes into the hot oil can cause a flare up
- Use the correct amount of oil
- Keep kids and pets at a safe distance
- Keep a grease-rated fire extinguisher close by
- Never operate a fryer outdoors in the rain
- Choose a smaller turkey for frying – 8 to 10 pounds is best
Winter Holiday Safety Tips
- Only use decorations that are flame-retardant or not flammable.
- Check holiday lights each year for frayed wires or excessive wear.
- Don’t link more than three strands of holiday lights.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Keep your live Christmas tree away from heat sources and room exits.
- Water your live Christmas tree daily to keep it from becoming dry.
*Under disaster conditions and the following recovery operations, access to Madeira Beach will be restricted to persons with identification showing they are a resident or property owner. Emergency access permits are available to Madeira Beach Residents and Business Owners, sign up here.
*Receive alerts about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for Alert Pinellas.