This month we are focused on Disaster Recovery. Not only is it important to plan for a disaster but it is also important to plan for what steps to take after a disaster. Take a look below for some helpful tips.
- Renter's Flood Insurance:
- It is important for even Renters to get flood insurance!
- Loss of Use Rider:
- Loss of use coverage covers any additional living expenses, meaning any necessary expense that exceeds what you normally spend.
- FEMA 50% rule:
- The NFIP requires communities to adopt policy prohibiting the substantial improvement of pre-FIRM homes, that is, homes that are not built above the base flood elevation.
- A project is a substantial improvement if the improvement project exceeds the 50% market value of the building.
- FEMA calculates the value of the property by separating the land from the structure.
- For instance, if the structure is valued at $100,000 then the “not to exceed” amount would be $50,000.
- The project would be considered a substantial improvement project if it exceeds 50 percent of the value of the structure.
- pcpao.org Search by address, name or parcel ID. Click on the Parcel Info link to open page. Upper right hand corner: click on FEMA/WLM link to get the “not to exceed” (50%) amount.
*Under disaster conditions and the following recovery operations, access to Madeira Beach will be restricted to persons with identification showing they are a resident or property owner. Emergency access permits are available to Madeira Beach Residents and Business Owners, sign up here.
*Receive alerts about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for Alert Pinellas.